Program Recruitment Lead
Our client, Palette, is a national not-for-profit that supports fast-growing companies to find the talent they need by upskilling and transitioning people whose jobs or industries are being disrupted. Their unique skilling model resulted in 95% of graduates from our inaugural program, SalesCamp, receiving a job offer after completing the program.
According to AJ Tibando, Cofounder and Executive Director at Palette, "we launched operations just over a year ago with a small team in Toronto. Our initial success has led us to raise additional funding in under six months to expand our programs to other regions in the province. But we’re not stopping there. We believe that we can be the solution to help Canada re-tool for success during and post the COVID-era. We are an ambitious organization and have plans to train 10X more people across the country, becoming a fully national in the next three years."
Under the overall direction of the Director of Business Development, you will focus on all aspects of program participant recruitment for all of our programs: identifying target applicant groups, co-developing and implementing the candidate outreach strategy, monitoring the application pipeline, and adjusting the outreach strategy as required, assessing applicants for the suitability, making offers, and maximizing applicant acceptances. Each program cohort has 20-30 accepted individuals and we plan on running twelve programs in 2021 in the two skilling areas across Southern Ontario. If you are highly organized, possess strong communication skills, and have an inquisitive and open mind you will thrive in this role.
What you'll be doing:
- Analyze data from past Palette programs and work with the Program Managers to develop ideal program participant profiles for upcoming programs.
- Research and identify potential program applicant pools that fit the target profiles and develop and execute outreach strategies for these groups.
- Identify and develop multiple channels that efficiently maximize the outreach to potential program applicants such as through partnerships with local employment agencies or local colleges/universities.
- Closely monitor the applicant pipeline, through a closely monitored and disciplined approach that includes adjusting prospecting strategies as required attuned to the needs of individual Palette programs.
- Screen resumes, and identify the highest potential candidates. Schedule and conduct interviews, and make acceptance recommendations to the Program Manager aligned with acceptance targets (currently 20-30 participants per program offering).
- Record weekly activity and conversions into the Palette CRM and report on success metrics.
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Are as comfortable developing sourcing and assessment strategies as you are executing them. Are an effective communicator and would enjoy interacting with prospective applicants via phone, email, online and in-person presentations and meetings.
- Can evaluate applicants beyond the traditional markers of success (i.e., education, previous work experience) to ensure candidates have the foundational skills, mindsets and motivation for success in Palette programs.
- Comfortable assessing applicants for a wide variety of roles and industries including sales and cybersecurity
- Understands the importance of providing a stellar and consistent experience for all applicants. Willing to continually better understand our hiring partners, the industry they work in and their hiring challenges.
- Curious and are able to to take in evidence, integrate information from multiple sources, derive meaning from it, and make critical decisions quickly
- Comfortable with ambiguity. We are still in the early days of understanding the right candidate profiles to target. You will play the lead role in shaping our strategy.
- Able to prioritize work to maximize the probability of achieving cohorts of engaged and ideal program participants.
- Highly competitive base salary, annual bonuses, and benefits.
- The specific compensation package will depend on the experience level of the candidate.